Tuesday, September 18, 2012

30 Minute Italian SausageTortellini Soup

The weather was kinda gloomy and yucky yesterday; however, in retrospect it is NOTHING compared to the weather today.  Nevertheless I started brainstorming for a yummy comfort-type food that I could cook up for the hubby and me.  I started looking up recipes for chili, lasanga and tortellini soups.  I wanted something that we've never had before. I just love a new recipe!  Almost as much as I love Stefan & Damon Salvatore off of the Vampire Diaries...I really can't choose between the two *DROLL*, but that's a different story entirely. 

All of the recipes that I found looked yummy, but it just wasn't what I was looking for.  I wanted something a little cheesy, something with some meat, something with a few veggies, something that was filling but not as heavy as chili, and something that was easy to put together.  Needless to say, this soup had to meet a LOT of expectations! So, I used my resources and...I MADE IT UP! (That seems to be what I'm good at.)



I call my creation 30 Minute Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup.  YUM! (What along name for a soup, right?) But I had to let you know it only takes 30 minutes. Well worth it. Mmm. Mmm. Mmm.  I packed the left overs for lunch today and enjoyed it two days in a row. I love when that happens!

So, you want to make a steaming bowl for your hubby?  Or maybe you want to make a steaming bowl for yourself?...I shouldn't assume you want to share with your hubby. ;)

Below Is the step-by-step. :D

6Cups Chicken Broth
1/2 lb Italian Sausage
1 Can Fire Roasted Tomatoes
1tsp Dried Parsley
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 Onion
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
2 Carrots peeled and diced
16 oz Tortellini

 
 
 





 

Trust me on this one. Just make it.  This recipe is hubby tested and hubby approved. ;)  (And he is quite picky, so if he passes it...it's an A+!!)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment